Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Exercise Fever

You know it's January when you hit the gym and it is full. You know what I'm talking about. Everyone (including me)vows to eat better, drink more water and exercise. Sneakers are white and clothes are still tight fitting. But it's all good.
Yesterday was a holiday and the park in our neighborhood was closed. I was a bit bummed. It was my day to run and I do that in the park. For some reason I get scared that a dog might come running after me if I run in the street. JA has repeatedly told me that no dog chases him, but maybe they like girls. I left home for a doctor's appointment and saw some people walking in the park. I figured one of the entrances was actually open. Fast forward 6 hours later I decided I would take my run even with dogs chasing me. I saw more and more people arriving at the park. Very weird. So a girl asks someone if any gate is open. He says:" no. The stairs.(pointing something".
Ha! Stairs! People were climbing the fence! Some parts of the 7 feet fence had some decorations which could be used as stairs. And that's what people did. I was impressed to say the least. That's what I call motivation. Determination to exercise and succeed at it. And after That mystery was solved I went on with my run. On the street. And no one chased me.

No comments: