Sunday, October 18, 2009

My 30th Birthday

This week I turned 30. Friday, to be exact. It seemed like I did something celebratory all week. And I am tired! Tuesday I went shopping with my husband's sister. Wednesday I went shopping with his younger sister. It was a "from me to me" gift shopping. In the evening we went out with a good friend and had my first real martini. Thursday and Friday had dinner with friends. And yesterday went to celebrate Oktoberfest. So that's a lot of drinking and lots of calories.
On a side note, Thursday I had 2 margaritas and those things are evil! Ended talking about things I probably shouldn't have, and that's only some of the things I can remember! Damn. I've heard of other people having the same reaction, but it still sucks.
A few of the things I did for the first time in the last days before I turned 30: played uno, played scrabble, ran a 5K, had a real martini, and had my first car accident. Luckily it wasn't a big thing. Now I am thinking about my new list. My sister in law is suggesting I do a "30 things to do while I am 30" and she wants me to start with a triathlon. Only problem is I don't know how to swim. I guess learning to swim will be on the top of the list; that is, after 1.be grateful for life

No comments: