Thursday, November 12, 2009

life is uncertain

When I was younger we would do the same thing every Sunday. We would go to church and then have lunch at the same place. There was one place, those with all you can eat buffet and at the register you ordered. If you wanted dessert you had to order it at that time. At the counter they had a Little sign that said: "Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first".
It always made me smile. Yesterday I was starving, and while I waited for my dinner to be ready, I kept salivating over a pie I made a few days ago.After fighting the urge I gave in. Of course my guilty conscience started harassing me and reminding me that my thighs started rubbing together.
Like, whatever! To make myself feel better I thought about when I was younger. That time where I didn't have to cook my own meals or worry about my thighs. And I was just happy. Happy to be eating the yummiest pumpkin cheesecake ever.

No comments: